The DAI001 utilizes two orthogonally placed dual-axis accelerometers to detect linear acceleration in three perpendicular directions. This enables both tool deviation and rotation to be determined.
Detection of acceleration has the added benefit of providing a tool movement capability.
Applications / Features
- Horizontal log interpretation
- Understanding tool movement and responses
- Tool rotation & deviation
- High side measurements
- Correction of differential pressure-based density measurements
- Identification of tubular damage / buckling when used with MAC